Monday, April 29, 2013

Yelp is weird


If you had gone through my blog, you might have noticed that I believe that Yelp is a biased and unfair site.
Although I've tried several times to contact them and find out why they hide the positive reviews that my clients leave and show only the negatives, (which we vigorously disagree with), I've never received even an acknowledgement of the issue.There's not a phone number to call, nothing.  It's interesting because I even had sessions for Yelp employees! I thought I would just let it be, but today I received a call from one of my repeat customers. She is very private and asked not to be identified, however, she talked to me for about 40 minutes, and made me realize that some things are just not right. She's been in the studio 3 times already, and is looking forward to her 4th. So I thought I'll post an email of yet another positive review, that has already been buried with all the other 14 good reviews that our great clients left so far) There's a tiny gray link that says "Filtered" under the two reviews Yelp likes to show.  I thought I'll share what I've got on the mail from Yelp not too long ago.
So no,
We don't agree with Yelp and we don't hide it. We proactively try to inform our clients and let them make informed decisions.
We wouldn't be in business if we didn't have the highest standards in the industry.
Adrian

1 comment:

  1. It's not you, it's your reviewers...

    The Yelp algorithm doesn't take the business into account; rather, it considers the activity level of the reviewer. A reviewer with only one or two reviews, few recent, is more likely to get filtered. An active reviewer with lots of reviews (with a wide range of ratings) won't.

    As you've seen, it does catch some legit reviews in the filter, but it keeps the spambots from taking over the site (which has happened to far too many user-review websites.)

    Anyway, I left you a review for the session we did a couple years ago, which was a ton of fun & I still love my pictures... hopefully that'll balance out the grumpy reviews.

    ReplyDelete