Sunday, October 3, 2010

Saludos desde Puerto Rico!

Almost a week in beautiful San Juan, Puerto Rico. What a wonderful place. The people is so nice and helpful. Except the taxi drivers. And the desk people at the Sheraton (old San Juan one. they look like they need some exlax)
Anyway, for the first time in many many years, I found myself traveling without at least one camera bag. No lenses, flashes, memory cards, stands, nothing. NOTHING! is driving me crazy!!
I feel absolutely naked, I feel so useless that is scary. Like awesome scenery, great opportunities come my way just to mock me, to laugh at me. To say, come on, bring your little iphone, big boy.

Besides the feeling of being lost in the jungle without an Swiss army knife, it made me realize something:
It's so much easier when people don't feel the pressure of the hude camera with the huge lens and the huge flash on top. Nothing, just a small point and shoot can give you access to places you never dreamt of. So, I'm seriously considering a smaller format. Pictures from the iPhone to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment