Saturday, October 16, 2010

Connecting with customers


I received an email, from a good friend of mine asking me to do some family portraits.
Truth to be told, family portraits hasn't been my forte, and I'm still trying to decide why, since usually they end up being so much fun.
The day of the session, I arrived extra early, I mean 2 hours. I scouted the place, took notes and waited. For some odd reason, I was really nervous. I guess I wanted my friend to get something really special for her family.
When they arrived, within five minutes all came back to normal. Her family was so much fun, accommodating and even helped me carry my gear! (I carry way too much stuff to my shoots, but that'll be a different post)
How many times you get to know that your customers met in elementary school and married nine years after? and how many times you get to know your customers business, their story, why they moved and how they interact with their kids?
The more I think about it, the more I wonder why I don't do more of these portraits.
anyway, just wanted to share how a day that worries you so much, can turn out to be such a great experience.
Adrian

No comments:

Post a Comment